Drupal 8 is a great solution for universities and colleges. Even though these sites have different needs and structures, the base for a site like this should have some common ground. They all tend to be content heavy, should communicate studies to attract new students, and have a large group of editors/employees.
The session covers general thought behind the distro, how to get going, and how to use it well.
Some keywords of the session:
- In-content navigation
- Building flexible section pages
- Login integrations - LDAP / Feide / ID-porten
- Study pages, programs and plans presentation (with Emweb integration)
- Backend UX improvements
- Media library UX improvements
- Search "everywhere" - frontend, backend, when setting canonical links, ++
The lead development is initiated by Frontkom, which also presents this session.